Waste management of the oil and gas sector
We provide the service of collection, transportation, treatment and final disposal of waste from the oil industry:
- Industrial and residual waters.
- Fluids contaminated with hydrocarbons
- Muddy sediment
- Water based and oil based sections.
- Re-conditioning and evaporation of brines.
- Solid and contaminated soil.
TWM has incorporated different technologies of the hydrocarbon sector for the treatment of this waste:
Thermal desorption (UDT)
This technology is used for the treatment and disposal of oil-based drilling cuts, sludge, soils and sediments impregnated with oil. It consists of subjecting the waste to high temperatures in order to evaporate and volatilize the impregnated fluids (water and oil) for subsequent condensation and reuse, leaving the solids inert.
In general terms, this technology is designed for the treatment of oily waste with a high-content of solids, more than 50% by volume and oil higher than 20%.
The inert solids resulting from the process (ashes) can be reused in the process and/or be destined for final disposal.
- Treatment with UDT can recover more than 70% of the volume of oil impregnated in waste, depending on the type of waste and the oil content.
- The recovered oil is returned to the operator with a BSW of 0.5% or less.
Water treatment (WTU)
Used for the treatment of industrial and residual aqueous fluids and the reconditioning of saline fluids.
The treatment technologies include reverse osmosis as well as conventional treatment by primary separation, flocculation, agitation and decantation.
Control of pH, sulfate-reducing bacteria (SRB), suspended solids, turbidity and oil content.
- Elimination of environmental liabilities.
- Elimination of catchment and discharges in water sources.
- In the case of brines, the treatment costs for reuse are significantly lower than the costs for making new brines.
Treatment of mud and oily fluids (UTL)
Used for the treatment of fluids and sludge contaminated with hydrocarbons and/or emulsified, separating the water and solids from the oil through the combination of chemical, thermal and centrifugation treatments, thus achieving the recovery of crude oil.
- From an economic, energy and environmental point of view, this method is much more efficient than the thermal desorption method, especially for those residues with a low solids content (<50%).
- The recovered oil can be returned to the operator with BSW between 0.5% and 2%, depending on the characteristics of the waste.
- The recovery efficiency of the process is atleast 70%, reaching 85% in some cases.
- Minimization of waste for final disposal by separating the aqueous, oily and solid phases.
Biorremediación tipo landfarming
Carrera 47 N° 12A – 07
Carrera 16 No.20A-35 Neiva, Colombia
Tel. (57)(1)5553555 Cel. (57)3174335278
Planta TWM El Dindal
Km 19 Vía Neiva-Bogotá
Vereda el Dindal, Aipe
Carrera 48Sur No.106-44
Carrera 33 No.24-60 Local 3
Carrera 30 No.11-45 Arroyohondo,
Yumbo Cali, Colombia
Yopal, Aguazul, Rubiales,
Puerto Lopez, Puerto Gaitán